Well, the 2009 Summer Reading Program doesn’t officially start until June 3, but we’ve got a couple of events starting early so we wanted to let you know about it. Read all about Summer Reading Program HERE.
Watch for weekly posts like this throughout the summer with both library’s schedule of events and fun activities that can be done at home!
This weekend (June 5-7) is the Library Booksale at the Main Library during normal library hours. Stop by for some great deals on books! You can read more about that here.
Also, this weekend is the annual Shannon Street Blues Festival! It’s a super fun event that showcases some great music. Find out more by checking out this post we published in May.
Here are this week’s events at the Main Library:
- Monday June 1, 5pm. Art Class with Mr. Poppelaars! Little Friends Room. Ages 6-12.
- Monday June 1, 5:30pm. Being Creative with Healthy Living. Join us as we welcome Madison County Extensions and learn about healthy nutrition and living a healthy lifestyle in the first week of this series! Try samples and participate in activities! Program Center. Tween, teens and their families are welcome to attend.
- Tuesday June 2, 10am. Special Storytime for all ages. (Note Time Change!) Come to the library to meet Whyatt from the PBS show Super Why! Bring your camera for a great photo opportunity. Whyatt will be here from 10-10:30am, so plan accordingly! All ages welcome!
- Tuesday June 2, 2pm. Art Class with Mr. Poppelaars! Little Friends Room. Ages 6-12
- Wednesday June 3, 2:30pm. Summer Reading Kickoff with Conductor Jack. Lets kick off the summer in style as Conductor Jack provides an “old-time, foot-stompin’, hand-clappin’, organic, feel-good hootenanny for the whole family!” Read more about Conductor Jack at http://www.jacknorton.net. Don’t forget to register for your reading log today!! Program Center. All ages welcome.
- Thursday June 4, 2:30pm. Craft Time. Use beads and wire to design your own work art. What will you create? Little Friends Room. Tweens & Teens.
- Friday June 5, 9:30am. Reading with Red. Join Red, the Red Robin mascot as he and his friend read stories After you listen to 10 stories, you’ll receive a certificate for a kids meal at Red Robin. Little Friends Room. All kids welcome.
- Friday June 5, 10:30am. Preschool Storytime. Join us as read some of Liz’s favorite books of the year! Little Friends Room. Ages Birth – 5.
- Friday June 5 – Sunday June 7, normal library hours. Library Book Sale. Program Center.
- Tuesday June 2, 11am. Special Preschool Storytime. Come to the library to meet Whyatt from the PBS show Super Why! Bring your camera for a great photo opportunity. Whyatt will be here from 11-11:30, so plan accordingly! All ages welcome.
- Wednesday June 2, 11am. Preschool Storytime. FISH! We will make fish and act out some favorite stories! Ages 3-5.