Do you have an established book club and don’t know what book to pick or don’t want to purchase copies?
Due to the popularity of book clubs, the Library has decided to make it easy for patrons to set up their own club by providing a Book Club in a Bag. You can check out a canvas tote bag filled with multiple copies of a popular title for six weeks. We’ll also include a list of discussion questions to help spark your conversation and tips for making your book club a success. Return the bag when your group is done and then check out another for your next meeting.
Current Book Club in a Bag titles:
The Life of Pi by Yan Martel
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Each bag contains:
- Multiple copies of a book
- Discussion questions for the book
- Author biography
- A short summary of the work
- Tips for starting a successful book club
How to borrow a Book Club-in-a-Bag:
- Bags may be checked out for six weeks. They are not renewable.
- The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the bag. That patron is completely responsible for the bag and all of its contents.
- No more than 1 kit may be borrowed at one time by a patron.
- Kits that are returned incomplete will be fined normal daily overdue charges until the missing part is returned.
- The replacement cost of individual parts of a kit and for whole kits will depend on the cost of each individual item.
- The Book Club-in-a-Bag kit must be returned with all its contents at the same time.
- You may return the kits at either the Main library or the North Branch Library. However, kits must be returned inside the Library (please do not put them in a bookdrop).
If you have always wanted to start a book club, now is the time!!
Stop by the library to get started today!
For questions, contact Beth McEwen at (731) 254-8600 x.2 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org