The Local FEMA Disaster Assistance office is located at 779 Forest Ave. Jackson TN 38301
You can also apply for help by:
- Visiting the website, www.disasterassistance.gov
- Or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362
When you apply you will need to provide the following information:
- The address of your damaged home or apartment
- Names of the people living in your household
- A description of your disaster damages
- Insurance Information
- Your Social Security Number
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail.
- If you want disaster assistance funds to be sent directly to your bank, you will need your bank account type, account number, and routing number.
- When you apply, you will be given a FEMA application number. Write down your FEMA number!!! You will need it whenever you contact FEMA.
- Insurance is essential in any recovery process. If you’ve been affected by the disaster, make usre you call your insurance company and file a claim. Only damages that are not covered by insurance can qualify for FEMA disaster assistance. By law FEMA cannot duplicate benefits.
- If you move after applying for assistance, be sure to let FEMA know your new address and telephone number(s). This will ensure that all disaster awards get to you without delay.
- FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for disaster-related medical and dental expenses and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must complete and submit them to SBA to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses. For more info. on SBA (Small Business Association) loans click here for a flyer.
Other ways to connect with FEMA and TEMA:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/TNDisasterInfo
Twitter – T_E_M_A and/or femaregion4 or femainfocus
Connect from Smartphones – m.fema.gov
Flicker – www.flickr.com/photos/t_e_m_a