This is week 6 of summer reading! It’s almost over, so keep up your reading! I’m so proud of your progress!
Don’t forget the libraries will be closed on Sunday July 4 and Monday July 5 in observance of Independence Day.
This week’s big event is a visit from the Red Cross to talk about water safety. Join us on Wednesday July 7 at 2pm at the Main Library for this event full of important information.
This week’s activities are a mash-up of themes, and come from a variety of sources.
- July 4th Crafts
- http://crafts.kaboose.com/holidays/july-4/ A ton of great craft ideas!
- http://familyfun.go.com/4th-of-july/4th-of-july-crafts/ Great site with lots of ideas.
- http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/july4/ Great for preschoolers.
- Water Fun
- http://www.first-school.ws/theme/mini_theme/water-cycle-quality.htm For preschoolers: worksheets, coloring pages, etc.
- http://www.showmomthemoney.com/water-preschool-theme-crafts-and-art/ More craft ideas.
- Water Bottle Holder. Cool, but you may need to run to the hardware/craft store for materials.
- Water Safety Sites and Activities
- http://kidshealth.org/kid/watch/out/water.html Information about water safety.
- http://www.lacoast.gov/education/kids/coloringbooks/watersafety/index.htm Includes activity book you can print out and complete.
- http://www.splashzoneusa.com/home.html Water safety info, pool games, activities and activity book that you can download and print.